Chimney Fire In Swindon

Chimney Fire Wiltshire

Chimney warning issued following a fire at a swindon property

WILTSHIRE Fire and Rescue have issued a warning to residents who own a chimney fire following a call out on Friday evening.

The owner of a property in Mays Lane lit their fire for the first time and debris within the chimney caught fire. A stirrup pump and chimney rod was used to put out the fire.

A spokesperson said: “Over the summer months there may well be build up of soot or bird nest material which can catch fire.

“We ask people to make sure their chimney’s have been properly cleaned before they start the first fire of the winter.”

We have produced a short video showing a chimney inspection due to a chimney fire.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WZaaA6grhxo

Please keep you and your family safe this winter and have your chimney cleaned.

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *